Question Unplugging PC from wall outlet makes PC not POST unless I reset CMOS ?

Jul 30, 2022
Hello, I appreciate you clicked on this post and I hope you can help me.

Recently I upgraded my motherboard, cpu and added a 360 AIO.

Everything works as expected but whenever I plug the pc out of the outlet (If theres thunder outside and so on...)
The pc WON'T boot unless I take out my gpu so I can access my CMOS battery and reset it.

I understand theres something wrong with the POST process.

I tried reseating the RAM (I have 4 Sticks), Tried holding the power button after I unplug it out of the outlet
(I have read that it discharges the capacitators), tried replugging the 24-pin connector on the motherboard but to no avail.

So the only thing that works is reseting the CMOS Battery.

Below are videos of how it looks when it doesn't want to POST. - Interesting thing is the RGB on my fans
wont turn on, not even the little fan wants to spin on my AIO(tried forcing it and spin it by hand which works in a couple of tries to make it fully spin but still does not boot.)

View: https://imgur.com/a/hAhPrO4

My system is:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Cpu AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Motherboard: B550 Aorus Elite v2 (Updated bios to match the cpu)
PSU: EVGA Supernova GA 550W 80 Plus Gold - Modular
GPU: MSI Armor 1060 6gb
RAM: 4x 8gb Hyperx 3200mhz CL16

I do truly appreciate to anyone that takes the time and tries to help me in a positive way.

Hello, I appreciate you clicked on this post and I hope you can help me.

Recently I upgraded my motherboard, cpu and added a 360 AIO.

Everything works as expected but whenever I plug the pc out of the outlet (If theres thunder outside and so on...)
The pc WON'T boot unless I take out my gpu so I can access my CMOS battery and reset it.

I understand theres something wrong with the POST process.

I tried reseating the RAM (I have 4 Sticks), Tried holding the power button after I unplug it out of the outlet
(I have read that it discharges the capacitators), tried replugging the 24-pin connector on the motherboard but to no avail.

So the only thing that works is reseting the CMOS Battery.

Below are videos of how it looks when it doesn't want to POST. - Interesting thing is the RGB on my fans
wont turn on, not even the little fan wants to spin on my AIO(tried forcing it and spin it by hand which works in a couple of tries to make it fully spin but still does not boot.)

View: https://imgur.com/a/hAhPrO4

My system is:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Cpu AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Motherboard: B550 Aorus Elite v2 (Updated bios to match the cpu)
PSU: EVGA Supernova GA 550W 80 Plus Gold - Modular
GPU: MSI Armor 1060 6gb
RAM: 4x 8gb Hyperx 3200mhz CL16

I do truly appreciate to anyone that takes the time and tries to help me in a positive way.
Just above F_Panel there are 2 contacts marked CLR_CMOS, if you short them for few seconds that should reset BIOS, don't have to take battery out.
I would also re-flash latest BIOS.

Jul 30, 2022
Just above F_Panel there are 2 contacts marked CLR_CMOS, if you short them for few seconds that should reset BIOS, don't have to take battery out.
I would also re-flash latest BIOS.
Also i tried the clr_cmos technique with a screwdriver for 5-10secs and it does absolutely nothing. still have to take out cmos battery