[SOLVED] Unusual artifacts appearing on monitor for split second during start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyozo

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
I don't know how to attach videos to show you guys but I have been experiencing this issue for about a month and a bit now, some backstory to this issue. I was experiencing some trouble with a game, FPS wise.( The issue being on the games end not mine). At the time I didn't know this, therefore I looked up a few fixes for the issue. Some of them included clearing the dirextX cache via disk clean up, other were updating Nvidia Graphics card drivers and the last one i did was deleting all the contents in the DXcache in Nvidia file. I first cleared DirextX cache via disk clean up and performed a Nvidia card driver update and then I cleared the DXcache. This is when I first encountered the weird artefact for a split second. However, after the initial split artifact no other problems, issues or artifacts appear. My GPU temps are normal both Idle and underload, my FPS and performance in games is normal. Also it only appears on my main monitor and not my second monitor. I looked up the cause of this issue online and people were saying various issues, like failing hardware, bad drivers. I performed a DDU and it didn't fix the issue, also I ahve a 3070 OC edition but I haven't done any overclocks myself to it. Any advice would be greatly apricated.

I have a 3070
16 GB
AMD 3600
B550 Game a Pro
Corsair RM 750W Gold 80+

Last edited:
Solution
Looks like nothing more than just random data in video RAM at power up that gets cleaned up when the video card finishes its startup. In other words nothing at all here to be concerned over.

Kyozo

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
Looks like nothing more than just random data in video RAM at power up that gets cleaned up when the video card finishes its startup. In other words nothing at all here to be concerned over.
Ahhh I see, thank you for the clarification, a bit unsure why this has started about a year after getting the pc as this never happened before but if it causes no harm, I'm happy.

Kyozo

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
Garbage on screen after a resolution or mode change is normal. As bubble mentioned, you are simply seeing garbage that is in VRAM before the frame buffer gets properly initialized.
Ok good to know. Don't know why this happend all of a sudden though since ive had this setup for a year now with no issues like this.

InvalidError

Titan
Ok good to know. Don't know why this happend all of a sudden though since ive had this setup for a year now with no issues like this.
Maybe you just never noticed it before. Could just be that Nvidia changed the timing between then the output buffer address gets assigned and when video signal gets pumped out to monitors in such a way that your monitor didn't sync before the frame buffer got updated before.

Kyozo

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
Maybe you just never noticed it before. Could just be that Nvidia changed the timing between then the output buffer address gets assigned and when video signal gets pumped out to monitors in such a way that your monitor didn't sync before the frame buffer got updated before.
I would have 100 Percent noticed if this was occurring before, yeah maybe after the driver update it made the thing you are talking about happen. As long as it doesn't mean any bad e.g failing hardware or other things im happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.