Reddit's Adept

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
Hello guys, I have following issue: with an ordinary reinstallation of Win10x64 LTSC, all RAM was no longer displayed, instead of the installed 16GB, only 8GB is displayed. Before reinstalling, I was update BIOS to a new version (I guess it was bad decision), but after making a backup of the old one. In BIOS, one RAM bar is displayed correctly with a 8GB volume, but the other is displayed in 32GB, in the task manager 7.9GB is available. In the memtest, one bar is also displayed normally in 8GB, but the other in 512Mb. One bar 8GB is completely working, I ran it through the memtest (no errors), stress test, etc., the computer starts up normally with it. But with other bar 512Mb, computer refuses to start, gives 3 long signals before shutdown, i.e., as I understand it, signaling problems with RAM. One bar works in all slots, the other in none. I cleaned the contacts, blew everything out, updated the BIOS, removed the battery, everything that was recommended in various forums - the result is the same. Together, the bars work only in slots through one, if they stand together, the computer will not start. I suspect that the point is in my crooked hands the bar is out of order, but how ?? How is this possible? Before that, everything was fine, just reinstalling Windows, the bar is out of order. If anything, the motherboard Aorus Z390 Pro. Can anyone come across a similar one, tell me what to do.

I drew attention to a very strange feature - a fully working bar has an original part number - PSD48G213381, that is, as on the package, but a non-working one, which has 512Mb of memory, has no last digit "1" - PSD48G21338. I can assume because of this the bar can't work properly, what can be done about it? Maybe the part number can somehow be edited?. And yet, according to the total memory, it turned out to be 8704Mb, which means, apparently, the bar is in theory working, since its memory is also counted.
Pics of part numbers and overall RAM

P.S. Sorry if I made some mistakes, because I'm not native speaker

Reddit's Adept

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
That is an unusual problem. The RAM stick sounds like it's defective, for what ever reason. You should try contacting Patriot Memory Tech Support by email. All Patriot Memory (DRAM) have Limited Lifetime Warranty so they may just offer to replace your faulty RAM stick and mail you a replacement.

https://info.patriotmemory.com/contact
Thank you, I'll try. Should I say to Tech Support that I update BIOS and reinstalled Windows?