Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
Built my computer, installed every driver I could for the computer except my cpu chipset driver. I just installed a newer one for it and boy it feels much faster! I have the Ryzen 5 3600 (New gen) series processor and noticed it felt sluggish even though it has 6 cores 12 threads at 4.1GHz and now it feels insanely fast! Anyone else feel the same when they updated their chipset driver?

Last edited:
Built my computer, installed every driver I could for the computer except my cpu chipset driver. I just installed a newer one for it and boy it feels much faster! I have the Ryzen 5 3600 (New gen) series processor and noticed it felt sluggish even though it has 12 cores 6 threads at 4.1GHz and now it feels insanely fast! Anyone else feel the same when they updated their chipset driver?
Actually it's 6 cores and 12 threads but who's counting. :). Don't know which MB you have but also make sure you have latest BIOS for it. Most MB manufacturers stipulate that chipset drivers have to be also updated to make windows work better with that BIOS version. Speaking of Windows, latest version (1903) is updated for 3rd gen Ryzen for better work scheduling across all cores and that needs news chipset drivers to work properly.

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
Actually it's 6 cores and 12 threads but who's counting. :). Don't know which MB you have but also make sure you have latest BIOS for it. Most MB manufacturers stipulate that chipset drivers have to be also updated to make windows work better with that BIOS version. Speaking of Windows, latest version (1903) is updated for 3rd gen Ryzen for better work scheduling across all cores and that needs news chipset drivers to work properly.
I have the Crosshair VII Hero (Non-wifi) and I have updated to the newest bios version and installed the latest chipset drivers. My mistake *6 cores & 12 threads had a blank there haha

TRENDING THREADS