[SOLVED] Updating files from external hard drive to computer.

Apr 8, 2020
I have my work files backed up on my Seagate hard drive. I work at home using my external hard drive. My question is, can I update my files that I worked on from my hard drive to my computer with all the new changes on it? I found instructions on how to mirror, but that tends to put the files in a folder labeled mirror. If I have 100 files all withe their own name, and I work on them, I want to be able to update that to my work computer the next day.
Thanks in advance for any help.
#abouttopullmyhairout. lol

Solution
Then where are your backups for these files?
That harddrive WILL die and most likely take all the data on it with it to the grave...unless you have it backed up.

For example - you worked all night on something big but on the drive into work you hit a huge pothole that wasn't there yesterday and you and the drive take a nice bounce. When you get to work and plug it in ... you get nothing. Now what?

But to answer just continue to work from the HDD while at work then.
Or copy the files into the work PC and copy them back out at the end of the day.
i really would prefer that you work these files from the cloud then an external HDD without a backup.
Apr 8, 2020

popatim

Titan
Then where are your backups for these files?
That harddrive WILL die and most likely take all the data on it with it to the grave...unless you have it backed up.

For example - you worked all night on something big but on the drive into work you hit a huge pothole that wasn't there yesterday and you and the drive take a nice bounce. When you get to work and plug it in ... you get nothing. Now what?

But to answer just continue to work from the HDD while at work then.
Or copy the files into the work PC and copy them back out at the end of the day.
i really would prefer that you work these files from the cloud then an external HDD without a backup.

Solution