Sep 24, 2018
So my current system is as follows:
*Intel i5-4590 @ 3.3Ghz
*Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard
*8GB DDR3 Memory
*AMD R9 280 "VTX"
*1TB Hard Drive
*Asus Soundcard

I’ve got to the stage now where it’s either going to be a PS5 or a new pc, I want to do both gaming at my desk and also on my tv when in bed.

Leaning much more towards a new pc, I believe my current system is to far gone to be worth upgrading/by the time I do I’ll near enough have a new system entirely

Ive been out of the pc build/hardware game for a while so I’m pretty stuck on where to start with choosing hardware and looking for some help with systems set ups to start looking at in my budget, which is about £800-1000, I’ve got all the peripherals incl a monitor, so it is really just the pc itself, don’t really want to re use my current case as it’s a bit too large for my liking now,

second hand and new parts welcome as I’m not a hardcore gamer so ray tracing etc doesn’t bother me.

hope you guys/gals are able to help

Solution
You will be probably upgrading monitor in near future, its better to have custom built pc in majority of time cause some companies that do pre build pc's skimp on some parts.
Is there an option to give components to pc shop to build themselves?

lcarpenter1998

Reputable
Sep 24, 2018
What resolution and Hz is your monitor?

There are still gpu shortages causing prices to still be high and options limited. Would you consider a prebuilt as this might give more choice on gpu.
Would consider a pre-built, mainly looking for a system that is better Than what I have now (which isn’t hard I know) but then something that is going to last and be relatively good for a few years, my current system is about 7 years old and does me well for most of my games still now.

monitor isn’t anything fancy, just 1080p 60hz