Question Upgrade HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB and it won't boot.

Mar 19, 2021
CPU: i7 6700k
MOBO: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
Ram: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB (it's 16*2)
When I turn it on it won't even enter BIOS. Tried to turn XMP on and off with the old RAM and tried resetting Bios. Tried one stick and then the other in all of the 4 slots. I have no idea why it won't even get to BIOS. Am I wrong in assuming that the ram speed would just downgrade to something the MOBO and CPU can handle?
I have previously overclocked the CPU to a stable 4.4. Tried with that profile on and off.
I wanted to upgrade my RAM to get more storage. I could live with not utilizing 3200mhz and just get the 32gb instead of my old ram which is 16gb. Would really appreciate the help.

Mar 19, 2021
Is it possible that the MOBO or CPU can't handle that RAM because it's new compared to the other parts? I thought since it was DDR4 it wold work albeit a slower speed than max.

Mar 31, 2021
Is it possible that the MOBO or CPU can't handle that RAM because it's new compared to the other parts? I thought since it was DDR4 it wold work albeit a slower speed than max.

I think you can google the compatibility list of this motherboard, along with the MODEL code of your RAM - that would help to justify which RAM you are using and whether it could support for that 16GB ram in a single slot.