[SOLVED] Upgrade I7 5820K

ZzhoxX

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
Hello there people!

Have my i7 5820k since some years ago, almost 4 more and less, I keep with it the x99 deluxe motherboard (good combo) and I was wondering if it's worth to upgrade that to nowadays stuff like for example a i9 9900k and Asus Rog Maximus Hero XI of course for the very first time turning this into liquid refrigeration because I've always used the air one.

Is anyone able to give me some green light related to this? I would keep my storage, graphic card (1080TI Aorus), RAM (32GB) and probably case, the nzht razer special edition but I'm able to modify anything of this if it's needed.

Thanks in advance and I'll keep my eyes here because I wanna do these changes for the black friday or christmas if it's worth.

Solution
I'm professionally 3D artist so mainly modeling, rendering, digital sculpting, texturing, etc and in my free time I play or watch content (no streaming). My current performance is okay, everything quite fast but I'm getting the feeling that my pc is getting old, I have also a new monitor for 4K and I have that feeling that I'm not making it very useful (mostly because most of the apps and games still work in 1920x1080 resolution).
And do the applications you use for said work scale with more than 6 cores? If yes, I would suggest going with Ryzen, you'll get more cores for the same price/cheaper than Intel and it's perfectly fine for 4K gaming as well. If your work is dependent on single core performance or doesn't scale with...

ZzhoxX

Reputable
Jun 3, 2016
What do you use the PC for? Is the current performance you are getting satisfactory or not, and if not, what is the limitation to your performance? Answer these questions if you want suggestions that actually match your expectations with your PC.

I'm professionally 3D artist so mainly modeling, rendering, digital sculpting, texturing, etc and in my free time I play or watch content (no streaming). My current performance is okay, everything quite fast but I'm getting the feeling that my pc is getting old, I have also a new monitor for 4K and I have that feeling that I'm not making it very useful (mostly because most of the apps and games still work in 1920x1080 resolution).

And do the applications you use for said work scale with more than 6 cores? If yes, I would suggest going with Ryzen, you'll get more cores for the same price/cheaper than Intel and it's perfectly fine for 4K gaming as well. If your work is dependent on single core performance or doesn't scale with hgiher than 6 cores, you don't need an upgrade tbh.

Solution