[SOLVED] Upgrade my Asus F571GT storage using MSI Spatium M470 1TB

dzibanauf

Reputable
Nov 4, 2018
Hi, I currently have Asus F571GT and intend to upgrade my storage with MSI Spatium M470 1TB nVME M.2, (currently the installed nvme on my laptop is Intel Optane+477 GB). I am not sure that my laptop could support that SSD. I only know that my laptop's SSD is nvme and M.2. Could anyone advise me whether to I should buy the MSI ssd for my laptop or not?

Thanks a lot!

Solution
Hi, I currently have Asus F571GT and intend to upgrade my storage with MSI Spatium M470 1TB nVME M.2, (currently the installed nvme on my laptop is Intel Optane+477 GB). I am not sure that my laptop could support that SSD. I only know that my laptop's SSD is nvme and M.2. Could anyone advise me whether to I should buy the MSI ssd for my laptop or not?

Thanks a lot!
Should work although I don't think you want a pcie4 ssd to fit in a pcie3 slot.
Wasted bucks.
Perhaps open the laptop and take a peek at the size of the optane should be a standard 2280 size.

Thanks a lot!
Should work although I don't think you want a pcie4 ssd to fit in a pcie3 slot.
Wasted bucks.
Perhaps open the laptop and take a peek at the size of the optane should be a standard 2280 size.

Solution