[SOLVED] Upgrade: Ram or GPU? Ryzen 2200g

agusrui

Prominent
Dec 24, 2018
Hi, I have a Ryzen 2200g with 2x4gb Vengeance LPX ddr4 memory (2400mhz) and no graphics card at the moment. I can run csgo and rocket league (I mostly play those games) with no issues on low-mid settings. I saved up some money and now I can choose to upgrade to 2x8gb of ram (3000 or 3200mhz) or a gpu (like an rx560 or similar price range). I'd like to try some new games which are a bit more demanding. Which one should I upgrade? I heard that faster ram can help these APU's but maybe buying a dedicated gpu can relieve some stress off the cpu and be more efficient in terms of fps.
If the option is a gpu, which one would you reccomend in that price range?
Thanks!

Solution
Hi, I have a Ryzen 2200g with 2x4gb Vengeance LPX ddr4 memory (2400mhz) and no graphics card at the moment. I can run csgo and rocket league (I mostly play those games) with no issues on low-mid settings. I saved up some money and now I can choose to upgrade to 2x8gb of ram (3000 or 3200mhz) or a gpu (like an rx560 or similar price range). I'd like to try some new games which are a bit more demanding. Which one should I upgrade? I heard that faster ram can help these APU's but maybe buying a dedicated gpu can relieve some stress off the cpu and be more efficient in terms of fps.
Thanks!
It's really about what you feel you need most. Personally, I would...

dimtodim

Reputable
Thanks!
i think u need ram and gpu :) but if u dont have gpu buy that first

Sep 30, 2020
Thanks!
It's really about what you feel you need most. Personally, I would say you should go for a GPU, as 8gb of ram should last you a decent amount of time. For GPU recommendations, maybe an rx 560 like you were saying or if you're going for nvidia, you might even want to go for a gtx 1050.

Solution