Question Upgrading GPU from GTX 1060 6GB to RTX 3070, need suggestions/advice

Sachin J28

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
Approximate Purchase Date: Next month

Budget Range: GPU within $825, Case within $125, PSU within $85

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Streaming games on Youtube/Twitch, Video editing using After Effects

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: GPU, Case, and PSU

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon.com or newegg.com or Microcenter

Location: I actually live in India, I have a cousin who works in USA and he's going to get the GPU for me and I am going to buy the PSU and case here in India.

Parts Preferences: GPU - Nvidia (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA). Case - Lian Li, Cooler Master, Phanteks. PSU - Corsair, MSI, Cooler Master

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Need tempered glass case with good airflow, would prefer RGB in GPU

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Outdated GPU (1060) and can't stream games on 1080p on youtube

Parts I have already looked at:

GPU
- ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti OC or EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 or you may suggest to me any other GPU which is better and within $825

Case - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB or you may suggest to me any other case within or around $125

PSU - Corsair CX750M - 750 Watt or you may suggest to me any other PSU within or around $85

Lutfij

Titan
I'd pick the EVGA card, the case is fine but I'd look into a higher pedigree/series PSU from Corsair and or a brand like Seasonic. You're located in India, what's stopping you from picking (all of your)parts inside your own country? Last I checked there are retailers as well as e-tailers who cater to pretty much any brand people in the 'States have access to, including Fractal-Design. If you don't need a large case, perhaps look into a smaller form factor, like an matx or mitx chassis.

Reactions: Sachin J28