Question USB glitch when screen sharing ?

Jun 8, 2024
So, I just bought a new 4080 Super GPU and installed it. I also got a new LG UltraGear 27GR93U-B monitor. Now, I can work with 3D, I can game at 4K, 144Hz without any issues. However, the second I share my screen via any software (Google Meet, Teams, Discord, etc.) all my USB devices begin flickering and restarting every few seconds. How do I fix this?

What I tried:

• Updating all my drivers - GPU, USB, Motherboard, Audio, etc.
  • Tried disconnecting all my USB devices and only leaving one every time to see if one of them is the problem
  • I tried AIDA64's stress test on full load - no issues. Also, AIDA shows that it consumes around 500W power on full load. I'm using a 1000W 80-plus platinum PSU.
  • Tried disconnecting the new display (using a 3-display setup) - no change

My Rig:
MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-FI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with a fixed 4200Mhz profile (as opposed to built-in 3.7 - 4.8 GHz)
GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC 16G 4080 SUPER
RAM: 2x 32GB G-Skill RipjawsV F4-4000C18-32GVK DDR4 18-22-22-42 4GHz (Underclocked to 3.8 GHz due to issues otherwise)
PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W, 80 plus platinum
Case BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900, Rev 1
CPU Fan: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro (Not sure of the version, I think 3 was the newest at the time of buying)
Audio: Using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Gen2 with 2x Yamaha HS7 Speakers

The GPU is mounted in the first PCIEX16 slot and the others are free.
I don't have a direct PSU-to-GPU 12-pin connector, so I'm using the 3x8-pin to 1x12-pin converter provided with the GPU.
When screen sharing, using AIDA64 for observing, no temperatures or voltages have any spikes. The GPU jumps from ~20W to ~80W and from 6% to 26% TDP% which is normal
I tried anything I thought of and read on the web. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jun 8, 2024
Close... Thank you very much for the reply though. I didn't do one very important thing which ended up fixing my issue - updating my bios. I just thought that the issue was caused by the new GPU somehow. It seems it was just a trigger for some reason. I was using a really old BIOS version. I downloaded the latest one and updated and the issue is gone!