[SOLVED] USB keeps changing to read only

Jun 8, 2020
Hi everyone!
So I have this USB stick that I've had for a while, worked perfectly.. then i think i was a dummy and used it for this boot thingy (i'm not very technical but i can follow directions somewhat) for when i needed to redo my window system...
and now i tried to get it back to be my regular USB stick, but it keeps switching to "read only".
I am pretty trained with going into diskpart and switching it back, but then i can transfer maybe one file on there, and then no more, then i need to go do it again..
it's really sad because it's a large storage USB and it fits perfectly with the files i want on there, and the problem seems to get worse.
So tell me, am i <Mod Edit>?.. is my USB lost forever?
I've tried a bunch of different things the internet told me to but the diskpart has worked the best, but still isn't really working.
thank you beforehand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hi everyone!
So I have this USB stick that I've had for a while, worked perfectly.. then i think i was a dummy and used it for this boot thingy (i'm not very technical but i can follow directions somewhat) for when i needed to redo my window system...
and now i tried to get it back to be my regular USB stick, but it keeps switching to "read only".
I am pretty trained with going into diskpart and switching it back, but then i can transfer maybe one file on there, and then no more, then i need to go do it again..
it's really sad because it's a large storage USB and it fits perfectly with the files i want on there, and the problem seems to get worse.
I've tried a bunch of...
Jun 8, 2020
in the interface, scroll down to ur usb drive... right click the partitions on that particular drive and select delete... then apply changes... After thats done... right click on that drive again and select create partition, and select the format to FAT32...
nothing "pops" up and says delete :(

Hi everyone!
I've tried a bunch of different things the internet told me to but the diskpart has worked the best, but still isn't really working.
thank you beforehand!

If you used diskpart and created new partitions that don't work either, then yes it's pretty sure that the stick is bad.

Solution