[SOLVED] USB Modem with a repeater?

rodres268

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Hello, english isn't my first languague, apologies in advance.

My dad has a USB Modem (atleaste that's how we call it in our country). He pays a company for the service. At home, when he connects it to his laptop he gets internet, simple use. He works as a rheumatologist at his place. When he connects the USB Modem to his laptop in the waiting room, he gets signal, but when he connects the USB Modem to his laptop it in his personal office (just a few steps behind) he doesn't gets signal. He says that people can't either use their mobile data in his personal office. He is planning to buy a "repeater", install the repeater in the waiting room and connect it to the USB Modem so "the repeater will amplify the USB Modem signal" but i'm not sure if it'll work, and if the "repeater" doesn't work he plans to buy a "router". I know very little of this topic and I would like to know if there's a solution.

Solution
tX93s5v.jpg

qXxOyub.jpg
OK, that is a cellular modem (3G) based on this page -- https://www.4gltemall.com/zte-mf190-3g-hsdpa-usb-modem.html
A cellular repeater might help. BUT you have to know which frequencies your cellular provider uses. Cellular repeaters may also be prohibited in your country, you need to check.

I would look for other options.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, english isn't my first languague, apologies in advance.

My dad has a USB Modem (atleaste that's how we call it in our country). He pays a company for the service. At home, when he connects it to his laptop he gets internet, simple use. He works as a rheumatologist at his place. When he connects the USB Modem to his laptop in the waiting room, he gets signal, but when he connects the USB Modem to his laptop it in his personal office (just a few steps behind) he doesn't gets signal. He says that people can't either use their mobile data in his personal office. He is planning to buy a "repeater", install the repeater in the waiting room and connect it to the USB Modem so "the repeater will amplify the USB Modem signal" but i'm not sure if it'll work, and if the "repeater" doesn't work he plans to buy a "router". I know very little of this topic and I would like to know if there's a solution.
Finding a manufacturer and model number for the modem would help us understand exactly what device we are talking about.