Jul 4, 2019
So when I plug my keyboard or mouse or anything out of my computer USB and back in. It doesn't work at all. Also if I plug anything into my usb ports after booting up, it does not show. I have tried going to my device manager and uninstalling the USB drives but it just goes on an endless loop.
I have a Asrock H97m Pro4 motherboard
i7 processor,
26gb of ram
960 graphics
500w power supply

if anyone could please help me solve this issue i would much appreciate it, I can't edit efficiently while this is happening

Solution
Try to download and burn on disk (or to a USB memory stick) a Linux Live-CD. When running Linux, there will either still be a problem with USB or the usb port work perfectly.

Either case, this will give a good indication wether if the issue is due to faulty hardware or a windows/drivers related problem.
Try to download and burn on disk (or to a USB memory stick) a Linux Live-CD. When running Linux, there will either still be a problem with USB or the usb port work perfectly.

Either case, this will give a good indication wether if the issue is due to faulty hardware or a windows/drivers related problem.

Solution
Jun 6, 2019
I've had USB issues multiple times in the past, as well as one big one recently. I am still unable to find a fix other than the "uninstall/install the drivers", which never seems to work.

As always, If you have the cash and room in your motherboard, I recommend skipping the troubleshooting headache altogether and just get a pci/pcie to usb2/usb3 adapter.