Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Hey guys, just got my K8N Neo platinum up and running... Thing is, the board has 4 usb integrated slots, and headers for 4 more. I've got 1 of the headers hooked up to the d-bracket that came with the board (which has 2 usb slots), and one is hooked up to my front case panel, which also has 2. I plugged my usb headphones into the front usb port, and they get power, but don't get detected by windows xp professional. Plug them into the d-bracket usb ports, same deal, I can tell they're drawing power, (the 'phones light up when they are plugged in to a usb port) but windows just doesn't detect a usb device. If I plug them into one of the 4 integrated usb slots, bam! windows instantly sees them. In the bios, I've got all the usb settings enabled, so I'm wondering if it might be a driver problem. Got the newest nforce 5.03 drivers off of MSI's website (more recent than the one's on nvidia's site), and newest bios (via livebios). OS is XP Pro w/sp1 and all critical updates installed. Thanks.

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
this is a hardware wiring sittuation which can be easily sollutioned by getting an external USB hub (they are usually 4 ports) connect it to za one that is working "right", set it on the tabell and run yer cans from there. Happy ending, more hubs, more convinience than unda da table connection (even it is on the front)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

TRENDING THREADS