Sam

I last used my my USB connection a week or so ago. I tried to use it today it
didn't work. I checked devices and there are none there now. What gives?

Sam, disconnect all your USB devices. Then rt click on MyComputer>select
Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers. rt click on each one
and choose Uninstall. Then restart and let XP reinstall them. Reconnect your
USB devices.