Question USB Wifi Adapter causing TRUE microstutters in ONLY online games.

huhatik

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
hello, i've been having this problem for a while now and after some research on the internet, i found out the cause of my problem is my USB wifi adapter (Netis WF2190). i don't have any way of plugging a cable in my pc, so that's why i bought a USB one but i heard more people had similar problem and they fixed it by buying an ethernet cable. The microstutters are real ones as i measured my frametime (not to be confused with frameRATE) using MSI Afterburner.

can anyone help me fix this problem WITHOUT me buying a cable nor anything? i have all drivers updated.

How did you figure out the issue was your WiFi connection if you can't plug in a cable to see if issue goes away then?
Not much you can do, you can try different band, try playing around with different channels, try another adapter model, get the router closer to you, upgrade the router.

huhatik

Prominent
Sep 21, 2018
How did you figure out the issue was your WiFi connection if you can't plug in a cable to see if issue goes away then?
Not much you can do, you can try different band, try playing around with different channels, try another adapter model, get the router closer to you, upgrade the router.
i know it because it only happens when i play games online, i have no microstutters in offline games. btw already tried different channels, my wifi is only 2.4GHz, the other adapter i tried wasn't found by windows and it's not the router's fault since i used to play games on other PCs in the house... this is the first PC which has this issue.