use 2 wireless routers to add ethernet cables?

redzoneos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
ok let me explain the situation.
I have comcast netgear modem/wireless router. this is in my "office" room. My desktop which does NOT have wireless is in my bedroom. I tried to move the modem into my bedroom but my internet doesn't work well there (possibly because I'm using a splitter for TV/modem)...

What I want to do is... use a second router which I already have to receive the signal transmitted by the netgear router... Then I can use ethernet from the second router to connect to the internet in my bedroom.

is this possible? If so can someone please guide me?

The second router I have is a D-Link DI624.

redzoneos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
yea i've thought about buying switches/hubs but since I already have another router, I was hoping to save money, and alleviate wire clutter by being able to use my wireless router.

any other suggestions? I'm assuming I should be able to get my DI-624 to connect to my existing wireless network without having to connect a WAN ethernet cable... I'm just not sure of how to go about doing this...

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I am not familiar with that particular wireless router, but what you want to look for is a configuration for "bridge mode". A bridge is the correct piece of hardware for what you want to do, and a lot of routers/APs will work as a bridge.