[SOLVED] Use internal hard drives as NAS without a full PC power on

bubbabr

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
Is it possible to access mapped network drives without the whole PC running in the normal way? I've recently migrated my Plex Media Server to NVIDIA Shield Pro - I still need access to the hard drives on the PC to use the media, but wondered if there was some sort of 'pared down' setup I could achieve which would use less electricity. Or does the whole system have to be running for the drives to function?

Solution
Is it possible to access mapped network drives without the whole PC running in the normal way? I've recently migrated my Plex Media Server to NVIDIA Shield Pro - I still need access to the hard drives on the PC to use the media, but wondered if there was some sort of 'pared down' setup I could achieve which would use less electricity. Or does the whole system have to be running for the drives to function?
No, that does not exist.
To access internal drives, you need the CPU and RAM running. Which is the whole PC.

USAFRet

Titan
No, that does not exist.
To access internal drives, you need the CPU and RAM running. Which is the whole PC.

Solution