Bigem_neo

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Hey everyone,

I just got my hands on a brand new MasterLiquid ML360R RGB to replace an old 240mm cooler, and I'd like to know if I can install it on my MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon and skip the aRGB controler.

Is it possible to connect the RGB splitter to the radiator fans and the pump, while plugging the other extremity of the header to a 3 pin RGB header (5V) on the motherboard ? Thank you for your help.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes, you have that right. Your mobo has one of the correct type of Addressable RGB header. See manual p. 41. Do NOT use either of the JRGBn headers. Use only the JRAINBOW1 header for this. It can provide both the power and display control of the ARGB lights in the AIO system, using the 3-from-1 RGB splitter supplied with that system. Then you must install the MSI Mystic Light software tool to do the control of the displays.

Reactions: vMax and Bigem_neo

Bigem_neo

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
T
Yes, you have that right. Your mobo has one of the correct type of Addressable RGB header. See manual p. 41. Do NOT use either of the JRGBn headers. Use only the JRAINBOW1 header for this. It can provide both the power and display control of the ARGB lights in the AIO system, using the 3-from-1 RGB splitter supplied with that system. Then you must install the MSI Mystic Light software tool to do the control of the displays.

I'll check it out, thanks :)

Nov 28, 2019
I have exactly the same question as you and wonder if it actually worked. Have thought about buying that particular radiator and i would be grateful to know before I buy it.