Question Various Computer Problems - Please Help Me

Apr 22, 2021
1: sometimes when I start my computer(stays problem until i reboot((sometimes doesn't fix)) and I try to open, say settings/files/task manager,furmark/ect it will do so very slowly, like in 30 seconds (normal is practically instant).......I don't have any programs that would cause this to happen and i only have like 5 startup apps: discord/steam/gputweakII/armory crate

2: (often paired with #1) when I right-click on any program in the taskbar nothing happens(on some boots it works fine) also if i try typing in the search bar it won't do anything BUT i can type if I hit the windows key on keyboard seemingly because it makes the text cursor(insertion point) appear there

3: with gup: gpu will have random spikes in fan rpm......and no I don't have a weird curve......there is nothing about my fan curve that would make it jump to what i would guess is about 80-100%......the reason i say "about" is because the spikes don't register on the graph

4: cpu: the 5600x is only supposed to draw 73w(my friends won't go past 73w and is pretty good at overclocking) but ryzen master says 80w and other software says +100w........also its t e r r i b l e at overclocking, I basically got the dumpster juice of the silicon lottery

5: * desperate * recently my gpu won't be getting used as much as it should......In Rust I usually get 100-120 fps at 75-95% usage, however, now it refuses to use over 40%........this makes for a painful 30-50 fps........I did 'uninstall device' in device manager but I reinstalled drivers through GeForce experience........I noticed that it keeps normal clock speeds but lower temps when running games......normal 1995 MHz.....70-73c.......with this weird usage it sits at around 55c and I forget the clockspeed......also it's not just with this game, in CSGO i can normally get past 400fps but now i can only get 220 max.....CSGO also peaks at about 55% usage but not normally * FIXED * it was set to power saving mode even though I didn't set it to that......switched to performance mode and I was good

sort of 6: earlier in the year I had an issue where I was playing game and everything suddenly froze, and from then on only certain programs would open, couldn't even run a diagnostic tool because it would just close.......did a fresh install and the same thing happened a month later......got a new nvme (rip $130) haven't had a problem since, however, it hasn't been that long(1.5 months) so I'm still cautious (i have a fresh install on new nvme)
I believe most of my problems are software or OS based
so there you have it, the main parts about my computer that no one else seems to have and that drive me insane......can you please help me? * FIXED *

Ryzen 5600x
Samsung nvme (500gb at 50% free)
decent cooling (max when gaming 70c)
750w psu (overkill ik)
b550 strix

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I haven downloaded anything sketchy, when I had to format my pc, I first did a scan and nothing was found
Until proven false, it is still a (small) possibility.

So...

got a new nvme (rip $130) haven't had a problem since, however, it hasn't been that long(1.5 months) so I'm still cautious (i have a fresh install on new nvme)
Is it all working now?

If changing the drive, and no further problems...it was probably the drive.

Reactions: Nemesia
It’s Corsair vengeance, the stock speed is 3600, it’s should be perfectly fine, if the ram failed then I would blue screen

You said it "Should be fine" but it's not always the case. It doesn't take long to drop the frequency to 3200/3600 or default speed to test.

What's the PSU brand and model? The wattages only doesn't tell us if it's a decent PSU model or a fire starter kind of model.

Apr 22, 2021
You said it "Should be fine" but it's not always the case. It doesn't take long to drop the frequency to 3200/3600 or default speed to test.

What's the PSU brand and model? The wattages only doesn't tell us if it's a decent PSU model or a fire starter kind of model.
It’s a EVGA 750w 80+ gold semi modular
I’ll set it back to 3600 bc I don’t think having it at 3800 is giving any more performance