Very old computer working?

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah, the good old days when I still used net send...

Haven't posted here since page 15 or something. Been to damn busy at work. Man this thing got long. Only about 160 more posts till this thread is longer than the "we need you team 40051" thread.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Souns like what we did at campus (write an infinite loop :twisted: ) a couple of years ago until they blocked the net send in dos (we worked on win 2000 server alot). Someone brought the windows version and it started all over again. Once that got boring the one dude brought dangerous dave and battlechess and so on. The fun just never stopped.

So let me get it straight, did you just write an infinite loop where it keeps flooding the directory, or did you do what we did and actually write a program where when someone pressed the OK button on the net message it sends another message?
They're both kinda infinite if you think about it.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
We did what you guys did. The message made a noise everytime it came through again and even pi$$ed off the teachers - reason why they blocked it on the dos side. Always a way around it.

We had the message say something about to back up data press OK. Many heads were banged against desks in the implementation of the program.
We just had to make sure not to send ourselves the program and use a altered message on our own workstations.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Better safe than sorry. I accidentally sent it to the teacher's pc when she decided to use a different pc the one day. That didn't go down too well. At least I had an A for VB at the time

vikris

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
What am I doing?

I'm 26, passed all 42 exams, if you multiply them by 2 it equals 84, because we had written test and oral examination for each single exam, and I'm not yet graduated, although I've taken my graduation theme in june.

Maybe because of that I'm pimpin' ?

What am I doing?

I'm 26, passed all 42 exams, if you multiply them by 2 it equals 84, because we had written test and oral examination for each single exam, and I'm not yet graduated, although I've taken my graduation theme in june.

Maybe because of that I'm pimpin' ?

Quit pimpin and finish school then. I pity the pimp without a education.

vikris

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I have no wish to even start reading the material for VDSL although I'm fond of telecommunications rather than electronics. Stupid corrupted country! :x

There ain't no point, and with you posting you're helping keep the thread alive. So that kinda defeats the purpose of you saying that doesn't it?
This is mainly just a place to air out your thoughts, ask any miscellaneous questions, say your peace and stuff.
Don't like it? Leave. Cool with the idea? Post something.

npilier

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
There ain't no point, and with you posting you're helping keep the thread alive. So that kinda defeats the purpose of you saying that doesn't it?
This is mainly just a place to air out your thoughts, ask any miscellaneous questions, say your peace and stuff.
Don't like it? Leave. Cool with the idea? Post something.

Ok, I'm saying my peace!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.