Very old computer working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maypep_necro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
EDIT FROM A MODERATOR

BEFORE YOU START RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD, REALIZE THAT IT WAS POSTED 1 & 1/2 YEARS AGO

Hi. I would like to know if my old computer can work again. I will tell the specs:

CPU: Pentium 66 MHZ
Hard disk: WD 500 mb
GFX card: Unknown
Sound card: None
Network card: Unknown

Does it can work again?

mpjesse

Splendid
Are you in the United States/Canada? If so, 120V is the one you want to use. 220 is for Europe. Is that what you mean?

I know your english isn't that great, but try to give more details and use http://babelfish.altavista.com/

-mpjesse

maypep_necro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hi. I would like to know if my old computer can work again.
How about this one? Isn't the fastest way just to power it to see if it works? I was joking you know...
I got no power cord.

And yes im from Canada.

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
:)))) Well, you know without a power cord is tough sometimes. And yes, you can run electricity through gases. But then you would need a hell of a complicated system to direct the current and ionize the air and keep yourself unfried and dunno where would you find the ionizing component nor all of the other hardware. Joking. The thing is, is thought it's a stupid question so i gave a stupid answer. Forget about it.
favourite quote:"Give a stupid ASKII get a stupid ANSI"

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Why bother even trying? what would be the point? Is this just to experiment with or do you actually plan on using this if it works cause i hate to tell you, but... its a piece of crap, no offence, and probably won't run anything. The new power cord would probably be worth more than it.

By the way what os would be on this 95?

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Do not try any attempts to power. You're in risk of a serious injury judging your familiarity with computer hardware.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Overclock it? To what? 100Mhz?
Honestly I don't see any market value at all in selling it.
You'd probably get more if you scrap it and find someone to buy the metal pieces.

You can probably just go to a computer shop and they'll give you a cable to plug the PS into the wall with... Probably for free.

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
But why? I have a computer just like that and it has... get this ... a "turbo button, which overclocks the cpu from like 60 to 88 or something, basically nothing. Also the thing is a beast it huge.

Also you'd probably have to pay someone to take it , and it would probably go straight to the dump.

Do not try any attempts to power. You're in risk of a serious injury judging your familiarity with computer hardware.
lol its so true

mpjesse

Splendid
LOL. Come one man, it was kind of a stupid question. Just get a regular 120V black 3 pin power cord from CompUSA or whatever computer store you Canadians use.

-mpjesse

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I'm sorry but i have to say this... you give canadians a bad name,

the turbo does nothing... that was the joke and by the way if your from quebec your barley canadian!

Status
Not open for further replies.