Very old computer working?

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomizer

Champion

No you'll need to get a new bin.

No, it's age related.

No, don't anyone lock it, it's one of the most random threads ever, and it went so far off topic that it went into physics and everything. I think most of that is gone now though :fou:

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Well if the physics discussion is over, why not pick a new topic? or start again where it was left off?

To whoever stumbles upon this thread next... Pick a topic and lead this thread onto a tangent.

Good Luck...

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Well, my current system is...

E4400 @ 3.0GHz
Asus P5B (vdroop pencil mod)
2GB Crucial Ram
HIS HD2600 Pro
~600GB in storage
Tisonic 460W PSU
CM Stacker 830

First thing to upgrade is definitely the Graphics card. Probably going to get a 8800GTS or the equivalent in the next 6-8 months. Hoping this rig can hold me out for the next 2 years then probably build a new high-performance rig.

Currently decided to go with what I have because I'm buying a 2.5-3k Asus laptop in the next month or two that should hold me over for quite a while, Considering that I'm upgrading from an old Dell C800 (top-o-the-line customized with the whole shebang when purchased, now really showing its age). It was a great lappy, but now it's way past its prime. Cant wait to get a new one :)

Lets see what the next poster is planning to do...

HyperBladeST

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
I already bought my gfx : Asus X1950 Pro.

I'll get all this in a week or so :
C2D E6550
Asus P5K-E <-- damn hard to find in Canada
Antec 900
Crucial Ballistix 2*1024 CL4

And at the beginning of september I"ll probably buy the rest (PSU, HDD, DVD, maybe a better HSF). for the PSU I'm looking at the Corsair 620. Should be enough.

@Nitro350Z

I bought one for gaming last year (Z81SP) heavy, hot, loud but damn no problem running any games. Oh yeah battery life is pathetic but hey it's a DTR so it's always on AC.

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
damn this is a long thread...i hope it's infinite and will be here as long as the site lasts :D

hmmm for the Topic:..my next upgrade for my system will most definetly be a nice G92

anyways, to get back off topic :) , I spent my last Saturday laying my PII cpu to rest. It had a full ceremony

First, my friends and I took turns shooting it with my BB Gun (damn thing is a durable f*ck..) Next, after we kinda got bored of shooting it without any big "Wow" factor, we decided to strap some bottle rocket on..now that was a good ceremony that i hope to soon participate in once more. (PIII here i come!)

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Man this is the funniest thread I've ever cum across!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This guy should be on SNL along with that lip-syncing bitch Simpson!...lol
Then we could have a KILLER band come up with a KILLER song aboot this idiot!......
Maybe we should take up a collection and send him a current calender so he would know that we're in 2007 and not 1990's. Hell I doubt if you could find a processor for it!

rockyjohn

Distinguished

Well at least bring us newbies up to date. What is the status of the computer as of today? Did you fix it?
Did you sell it as planned? Ho much did you get for it? Or did you upgrade it further? Did you make it Vista compatible?

maypep_necro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005

Well, yeah, i tried to fix it, it makes weird sounds, and i need to re-format, windows won't boot. And once re-formated, yep, ill sell it. I don't know ill upgrade it. Maybe overclock a little. And i don't think it will be Vista compatible. It's not even Windows 98 compatible.

alex_irvine

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
Is this pentium D guy just amusing himself by making a silly thread? If so, then why hasn't a moderator taken it down? And if it is serious then why hasn't this guy sold the damn machine like he said he would earlier? This is ridiculous. My school gives away ancient fossil computers like these. They aren't even worth keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.