Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2021
I've just finished my new PC build. Visually all components seems to be working, however there is no signal to my monitor and a solid red light is showing for VGA on the motherboard. I did notice that the CPU light on the debug indicator comes on for 3-4 seconds when I turn the PC on but then goes off and the VGA light comes on solid and stays on, so I think the problem lays there.

* PARTS *

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

CPU: Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 280
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 3060 Dual OC 12GB
Mobo:
MSI MAG B550M Mortar NO WIFI
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB)
Case: COUGAR Gemini S
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5 250GB
HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: 650W ASUS TUF Gaming, 80+ Bronze

I've tested the GPU on my old PC and when I've first plugged it in and turned on PC, ''GEFORCE'' Logo on it light up and worked perfectly...howerer when i plug it in my new PC GPU LOGO is not lighting up....only the fans start spinning and like i've said above after the CPU light, VGA light comes and stays.

Any ideas, thanks?

Does it say ''Ryzen 3000 ready'' or ''Ryzen 5000 ready'' on your motherboards box? If 3000 ready, it will need a BIOS update to run the 5600x. Luckily I believe your motherboard has BIOS Flash so it is easier to update with a usb.

Sep 4, 2021
Does it say ''Ryzen 3000 ready'' or ''Ryzen 5000 ready'' on your motherboards box? If 3000 ready, it will need a BIOS update to run the 5600x. Luckily I believe your motherboard has BIOS Flash so it is easier to update with a usb.
gd27JF.jpg

yTsHnf.jpg

9Ln1GR.jpg

Thats all the info i could find....But what does bios have to do with VGA light?
If it didnt support the CPU there must be consistent CPU light on the debug indicator, no?

CPU debug indicator light comes on for 3-4 seconds everytime when I turn the PC on but then goes off and the VGA light comes and stays on.

Last edited:
No, the 5600X will not be compatible with your motherboard until you do the BIOS update. It even says on one of your pictures, ''Support for 3rd gen AMD Ryzen processers and future AMD processers with BIOS update.'' If you are unfamiliar with updating motherboard BIOS, there are plenty of videos that will show you how, it is a bit daunting but as I said, it's very easy when you have BIOS Flash which your motherboard supports. Updating the BIOS will probably fix your VGA light issue.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021
No, the 5600X will not be compatible with your motherboard until you do the BIOS update. It even says on one of your pictures, ''Support for 3rd gen AMD Ryzen processers and future AMD processers with BIOS update.'' If you are unfamiliar with updating motherboard BIOS, there are plenty of videos that will show you how, it is a bit daunting but as I said, it's very easy when you have BIOS Flash which your motherboard supports. Updating the BIOS will probably fix your VGA light issue.

Okay so i'll try to update to that version you've told me.

I though mobo would tell me if the CPU wasnt compatible with consistent CPU light aswell like the VGA, but instead it lights up first for some seconds then goes off and VGA comes and stays.

Sep 4, 2021
For everyone wondering what happened here is an update for you all:

I've updated my BIOS to the latest non-beta version [without removing anything from the PC it was already assembled] and it fixed my VGA light issue.

Just go & download the latest non-beta BIOS for your motherboard model and there are pleanty of Youtube videos on how to exactly update it. Good Luck!

Dec 6, 2021
For everyone wondering what happened here is an update for you all:

I've updated my BIOS to the latest non-beta version [without removing anything from the PC it was already assembled] and it fixed my VGA light issue.

Just go & download the latest non-beta BIOS for your motherboard model and there are pleanty of Youtube videos on how to exactly update it. Good Luck!

I registered an account just to answer this. It worked for me too.
Updating the bios solved my issue. Followed the guide from official MSI youtube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.