[SOLVED] Video Editing Setup

Hey all!

Looking to make a decent 1080p video editing rig for a friend - probs around $1000-$1500.
Obviously with such a constrained budget, I need to look to concentrate on the most important aspects of video editing. I often build gaming rigs, but I don't know what the most important part of video editing is?

Should I focus more on more cores? Less cores that are faster? More on the GPU?

Thanks for letting me know so I can begin to plan something out!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey all!

Looking to make a decent 1080p video editing rig for a friend - probs around $1000-$1500.
Obviously with such a constrained budget, I need to look to concentrate on the most important aspects of video editing. I often build gaming rigs, but I don't know what the most important part of video editing is?

Should I focus more on more cores? Less cores that are faster? More on the GPU?

Thanks for letting me know so I can begin to plan something out!
Most of that depends on the program used some can use GPU aceleration and some can't.

With 1000-1500 you could probably edit 4K video. Maybe not super stellarly but I think it would do pretty decently
Well exactly - my friend probably won't be editing over 1080p for at least a year, so I should be good.

I was just wondering what the most important aspect of a video editing PC would be? Like should I spend a greater ratio of the budget on a higher core count CPU, or would looking at lower core count, but faster cores be more bang-for-the-buck?
Should I focus on higher RAM?
Is the GPU useful, or can I skimp a little and get a GTX 1660?