VIDEO: Windows 95 Running On the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessqqmorepewpew

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
while i generally don't agree with apple's marketing strategy and their draconian restrictions on their products...

hmm... couldn't find any way of putting a positive light on the iPad.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Didn't Apple skimp on the memory on the iPad, and only put in 256MB of ram into that thing? Unfortunate. With 1-2 GB of ram, we could have probably saw even cooler stuff done with it.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
It totally blows my mind on how many negative people come on here and post negativety about something they know so little about. Go try and ipad and stop reading about it, once you try it your attitude will completely change. Not only that but you will beable to say at least i tryed it before i talked poop about something i know nothing about.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I don't recall the win95 on iPhone article, but this has to be emulated in a virtual machine (and thus, with enough resources, they could probably run any OS). Afterall, Win95 was only for the x86, and yet the iPad runs an ARM processor. Still, as others have said, why?

tehcheeze

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Well now you can have flash on your iPad, up to (not including) Version 8! Performance would obviously be poor though.

That is because you are most likely a fan of their products, I tinkered with this so called "tablet" before launch and IMO it is nothing more than a gigantic itouch. The price is not bad considering what it can do BUT it is far from a "real tablet" there are many things that you simply cannot do on the ipad. I personally think its a flashy piece of hardware as oppossed to a necessity. The worst part is the fact that Apple did not implement a battery removal compartment, so if you battery dies to the point that you cannot retrieve your data you endup losing everything, just like the iphone all over again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.