Question Videos from any website (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc.) keeps on buffering despite the fast internet.

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
PC Build:
GPU - GTX1070ti
RAM - 16gb T.Force Delta RGB
CPU - Ryzen 3600x

Hi guys! I've been noticing lately that whenever I am watching videos on Youtube, some videos play in slow motion despite being set to 1080p60 quality. I also noticed that online videos in general kept on buffering despite having no internet issues. I've already tested this with my phone and other devices and they play just fine. I searched on the internet and was told that the issue might probably be with my RAM but I'm already running on 16GB. I use a dual monitor setup and Brave as my browser for my schoolwork and use only 1 monitor for gaming.

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
When in "slow motion" do you see the buffering icon (the rotating circle for YouTube) or does it just chop or freeze? If you see the buffering icon, check your internet speeds using speedtest.com. If the second is right, it might be GPU issues and you may need to reinstall drivers as stated above

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
When in "slow motion" do you see the buffering icon (the rotating circle for YouTube) or does it just chop or freeze? If you see the buffering icon, check your internet speeds using speedtest.com. If the second is right, it might be GPU issues and you may need to reinstall drivers as stated above

I see a buffering Icon man for a second and then those gray-like progress bars would appear but would still play in either slow motion or have stutters. And yep, I checked my internet speeds through speedtest.com and it's showing good results. I tried cleaning some junk files and it seems to fix the issue. Is this a bad thing?