Question Virtual Box- Linux Mint Cinnamon and Shared Folders on Windows 10- Can't share files between the two OSes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
hi guys, i'm not able to do something simple in virtual box. As this is a problem related to linux mint, I decided to post in this forum section. I'm using Virtual Box inside Windows 10 and inside virtual box I installed linux mint Cinamon. I enabled the option where I can transfer downloaded files between windows 10 and linux mint. I downloaded a file inside linux mint. But the folder shared between operating systems(w10 and linux) cannot be opened.

The following message appears:

"Unable to list folder contents. You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of sf_shared folder"

I have no idea what I should do as I am a regular user. Also the folder keeps loading infinitely
I need this folder to transfer images between the two OS. Anyone has a solution to this?

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
Are you attempting to share one of the folders down the "C:\Users\<username> path? If so it won't work (not well anyway). Create a folder outside of "Users" and share that one instead.
The folder was in another partition. Not on C: drive.
really weird, i tried to install the 3 versions of linux mint, and all of em have the same problem with shared folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.