Volume Control

The volume control on my Windows XP is turned up as far as it will go but
its volume remains the same.
Is there something I can do to make it increase in volume? Turned up as high
as it is, it should blast me out of my chair,
but it is still normal sound.
Thanks for you help, Jim D.

Go into the Sounds and Audio devices in the control panel, click on the
advanced button under the volume tab, and make sure that mute all isn't
checked. Check to make sure your speakers are shown in the advanced area of
the speakers.