w2k vs winME in network

G

Seems like extremely slow transfer rates between machines w/ w2k and winME... anyone experienced this and know how to solve it?

G

Well I've tried a connection between W2K and win98 and it was slow as hell, like you I don't know why, could be the security involved with W2K. I also know that WinME and networking go together like pickels and peanut butter. It's not the best combo but it works. My WinME network at home is extremely flaky, sometimes one computer won't find another then when you refresh there it is! Sometimes it won't transfer well between the 2 computers or just one computer can send or receive etc... flaky! The speed is really fast none the less. My transfer is 85% of the theoretical speed of my network which is actually excellent. When I think about it the only thing that is rock solid about my network it the connection between the 2 computers and the DSL modem. (that connectino runs way beyond spec!!! Symaptico rocks) Anyways, I know I didn't help you much but I empathize with your problemo.

G

good to hear from you, glad that I am not the only one but can't be glad since the xfers rate is just screwed! i guess a message to MS might help