Mar 20, 2022
Hello all,
Recently I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 7 5800x to a Ryzen 9 5950x, On the same day I also upgraded my ram from 3200mhz up to 3600mhz. I loaded into warzone as normal ran a few games without issue. Later in the night I was getting "Fatal error" every single game roughly half or 3/4ths of the way through the match. I restarted the game and my pc several times.
I have tried so many posted solutions with no success; Windows update, Scan and Repair, cleaned %temp%, deleted players file, Uninstalled/Reinstalled the game, Windows Resource Scan (found corrupt files and successfully repaired), Nvidia drivers are up to date, Changing virtual memory cap, using direct x 11. I
even ran the Windows memory stability test thinking it was the ram and no problems were detected, I'm sure I've done more, but this is all I can recall off the top of my head. I am trying to figure out if this has anything to do with the hardware I've just installed or if it is the game/my system. I will post my specs below and I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

Sometimes the "Fatal error" message will appear, other times not. I have received 2 diff codes I will also post them below.

Error code : 0x000002815b939a90 11222756 0xc0000005
Error code : 0x0000000147075e61 11222756 0xc0000005

Ryzen 9 5950x
Zotac Trinity RTX 3080
ASUS Prime X570 Pro
32GB T-Force Extreem 3600mhz CL14-15-15-35 (with D.O.C.P enabled)
Corsair 850w PSU
Watching my CPU and GPU temps nothing is spiking or out of the ordinary.
(Event viewer shows no errors)

Last edited:
So you upgraded both CPU and RAM. Did you reset all BIOS settings and ensure the RAM is running at the correct speed/timings? Also, are you sure both are supported for whatever BIOS version you currently have?

While possibly not required, CPU upgrades typically demand a reformat/reinstall of Windows.

Mar 20, 2022
So you upgraded both CPU and RAM. Did you reset all BIOS settings and ensure the RAM is running at the correct speed/timings? Also, are you sure both are supported for whatever BIOS version you currently have?

While possibly not required, CPU upgrades typically demand a reformat/reinstall of Windows.
Thank you so much for your reply....Yes, I went into BIOS right after upgrading and my settings were defaulted. It does show in BIOS that my Ram is running at the correct speed and timings. Per my MB manufacturer my CPU is supported on any BIOS version after 2606, I am currently running 4204. My MB supports ram up to 5200mhz as well. What I will say in relation to windows reformat...when I started up and went to task manager and CPU=Z they were both showing my old info (8 cores) although the title "Ryzen 9 5950x " was correct, so I very well may need to reinstall/reformat. I am also getting a message pop up every time I start up saying

" Your computer appears to have changed since the last time you ran Call of Duty modern warfare. Would you like the game to configure itself optimally for your new hardware? This is recommended for most people. It will change your system settings but not your controls"
I'm not sure if that is any significance.
Since I made my original post I have also used DDU to uninstall, theN did a clean install of my graphics drivers.