MSI X570 ACE
Gigabyte AORUS Radeon 5700 XT
G.skill trident 32G 3600
Corsair rmx 850 watt
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo + 500g m.2 nvme SSD
1 TB WMD blue SSD (Recently added
Seagate firecuda SSHD 2tb
Cooler Master ml240 cooler

I built my computer a couple of months ago and Warzone has never ran properly on it. It has been littered with stutters but recently it has become completely unplayable. I use to get spurts where I could play for 2 maybe 3 games and not see any stutter. Then I would load in to a lobby, see the stutter, and reset my game and I would be just fine. also a common thing I would do is lower my render resolution, play for ten minutes, then raise it back then the stutter would go away. but now I load into a lobby and I am stuttering in the pre-game lobby in the first match I am in. The render resolution trick doesn't work anymore either. What is odd is I can play multiplayer without any issues really. My gpu doesnt always drop when I stutter either. I am just at a complete loss and I don't know a huge amount about computers but I know how to use google and that has been my main source of fixes and I have offically ran down the list with no solution presenting it self so I am here. Here is a list of things I have done that i can remember. Keep in mind all of my setings have been at the lowest they can possibly be while trying to apply a solution. Also tried at slightly higher settings.

Tried with Vsync On (Currently off)
Run as Admin
Limited FPS
Tried to use Freesync
Disable fullscreen Opt
Set priority to high
Restrict CPU usage with lasso
Disable Game Mode
Disable Xbox Game Bar
Change between multiple power plans (Running Bitsum currently)
Disable XMP (Currently re-enabled)
Disable Precision boost in BIOS (Currently re-enabled)
Disable CBS in BIOS (Currently re-enabled)
Uninstall Radeon software and install drivers through drivereasy (Currently running Radeon relive)
uninstalled and reinstalled on all three storage devices
Ran Intelligent Standbye List cleaner

Reactions: MrMakapuu

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
I have almost the same setup, but exact same problem!!!

Ryzen 9 3900x
Gigabyte X570 Master
XFX RAW II Radeon 5700 XT
G.skill trident NEO 32G 3600
Corsair 550CX PS
Boot: Samsung 970 Evo + 500g m.2 nvme SSD
Storage: 840 Evo + 500g non nvme
Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Dark Base 700 Tower

Plays well in Multiplayer just about any setting I throw at it. Memory is set to 3200(1600) or 3600 (1800), or optimized bios no changes to settings in bios. Ill try some other games. Maybe its only a Warzone thing?

But the moment I start playing anything warzone related it works good for one game, then next game starts up and then these micro stutters come like every 5 to 10 seconds. Messes up aim and shooting.

I also had this issue "occasionally" like once or twice a week, with my old 6600k cpu...

#1 I am starting to think it may be our video card is over heating or something with the large maps in Warzone.

#2 Maybe our boot SSD is getting too hot? Through CPUID HWmonitor it Max's at 58c

#3 The other thing I was thinking was my power supply being too low but your 850 watt is more than suffcient. And you are getting the same problem.

#4 There are two CPU power sockets on my board next to CPU and my PS has only 1 socket, maybe thats an issue too. Does you mobo have two? And are they both populated

Maybe we can solve this together!

I opened up my case and put a big room fan right next to it. Maybe that will help

Good luck K.I.T.

Last edited:

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
I found a temporary fix for now.

1st I went here and got got some helpful details:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/fjnhyi/cod_warzone_stuttering_issues_with_5700xt/

I looked for the file: adv_options.ini
In Documents/Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Players/
Opened it. And chaged the numbers to below.

// generated by Infinity Ward
version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.55
RendererWorkerCount = 6
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 0

Saved. And then right clicked file and checked "read only" box.
BTW make a shortcut on desktop if you need to go back and be sure to unclick readonly if you need to change again.

Then I started up the COD, and in graphics settings for now I changed everything to disabled and lowest level you can get on all the details and other stuff.

I played for a few hours last night without any stutter what so ever!

I will continue to mess around with the detail settings and go from there!

Hope this helps!! Good Luck!!!

Jul 3, 2020

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/fjnhyi/cod_warzone_stuttering_issues_with_5700xt/

version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.55
RendererWorkerCount = 6

BTW make a shortcut on desktop if you need to go back and be sure to unclick readonly if you need to change again.

Then I started up the COD, and in graphics settings for now I changed everything to disabled and lowest level you can get on all the details and other stuff.

I am going to try and implement these numbers today and see what happens. One thing I did that has helped it seems is taking the glass panel off of my case and letting it be an open case causing everything to run a lot cooler cause my room is SUPER chilled. I also haad to reinstall windows recently and when I fresh installed the game with all of the fixes I mentioned above I STILL had stutter which was absolutley insane to me so I uninstalled the game and blizzard deleted every file on my computer related to them and reinstalled. the stutter happens every 4-5 games now. I also installed park control for my CPU and that seems to have made a small impact. I am glad to see I am not the only one fighting this fight. best of luck!

Jul 3, 2020

version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.55
RendererWorkerCount = 6

These past two days have been the best days of warzone ive had since installing the game and I can't thank you enough. I am gonna start raising my settings today and see if it holds. I REALLY appreciate it!

Aug 11, 2020
Guys, i had the same issue, i fixed it by getting rid of the 5700xt, had the Red Devil 5700xt from PowerColor, RMA'd it, they 'fixed' it and then i sold it for a pretty big loss. Replaced it with a 2070super, zero stuttering, zero crashing, everything is absolutely perfect.

i bought into the fallacy of AMD actually making a solid GPU. the SECOND i switched to Nvidia it got rid off all the issues. jump ship when you can.

Ryzen 9 3900x - EVGA 2070super XC Ultra - MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon - 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz - 1tb Samsung 970 evo - etc . . . . It is 100 percent the 5700xt causing the system instability while gaming, sorry for breaking the news.

Jun 30, 2020
The way I’ve fixed this issue, well I’ve only played couple games and it worked, I just uninstalled the Radeon software and worked straight after that, hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.