[SOLVED] Water Spill On Graphics Card

ajpiper97

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Last night I managed to spill water on my GPU. I spilled a cup on top of my tower and the water leaked through the fan vent right on top of the GPU. The screen turned green and the pc powered down, then tried to power back on. I immediately unplugged the power cord from the power supply and removed the GPU. The rest of the pc got no more than a few drops on the bottom shelf near the storage slots, however my GPU had drops of water throughout the top. I dried it as much as I could and left it on a towel to dry for 24 hours and I'm currently at work. Anything else I can do? I'm sure the damage is already done but I didn't know if there was anything else I could try before hooking it back up to test that might increase the chances of recovering it.

Solution
Jayztwocents recently did a video on this. HERE At the end he shows what you could do if you get black screens.

It is likely that your gpu is still fine, but to be sure let it dry for a day or so. Nothing you can really do I think except that. With a bit of luck your water didn't contain a lot of elektrolytes and isn't that conducting :p

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Jayztwocents recently did a video on this. HERE At the end he shows what you could do if you get black screens.

It is likely that your gpu is still fine, but to be sure let it dry for a day or so. Nothing you can really do I think except that. With a bit of luck your water didn't contain a lot of elektrolytes and isn't that conducting :p

Solution