Question Waterblock for a Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Pulse ?

rigger922

Honorable
Dec 7, 2018
Greetings,

I'm looking at potentially putting a custom loop in my system, However it seems that may be harder than I thought. I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anywhere regarding a water block for the Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Pulse.

The only thing I can find is this:
https://www.bykski.us/products/byks...or-sapphire-rx-6800-super-platinum-a-sp6800-x.

And I'm not sure about buying from this website as it seems a bit dubious since barely anything on there has a review. Does anybody here have any suggestions for me?

I have looked at AIO's for the GPU since I'm already running a 420mm Arctic AIO on my CPU, but that seems to be the same.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The problem with mid-range cards is they often don't get waterblocks designed for them. Those willing to watercool for the $300-400 that costs for a loop generally don't buy mid-range cards.

There are few RX6800 blocks out there, but only because the OEMs used the same PCB layout or RX6800/RX6900 cards. So your high end Gigabyte Aorus Master, ASUS Strix, etc.

In terms of quality, I purchased a Bykski 3080/3090 EVGA FTW3 block once. It wasn't great, I couldn't get sufficient mounting pressure and temperatures weren't much better than air cooling. Could have been a one off, but I purchased an EK instead and that has worked much better. It will at least work, and you may have fiddle with thermal pad thickness (still pretty sure that was my main issue, the block fit, just wouldn't squish down with the included pads it seemed to me)

Near as I can tell the Super Platinum block looks like it should fit the Pulse and Nitro PCB pretty easily. Same VRM and Memory layout near as I can tell.

Way more pictures of the Pulse board for some reason, but everything seems to line up.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-6800-xt-nitro-plus/3.html

If your PCB looks like that, I think you are okay to buy.

Latest posts