Dovahkiin673

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
My pump started making this noise randomly a week or two ago
View: https://youtu.be/u1CUIL8n7o4

I can confirm that it's coming from the pump.
I tried running the pump alone to bleed the loop for air bubbles for about 45 minutes but that didn't work. Water is flowing and everything seems to be working as usual (besides this noise of course). Temps are slightly higher than usual while idling but nothing meaningful and they're normal under load. The pump is vibrating my entire case slightly.
My loop goes Res/pump>rad1>Cpu/mobo<rad2
My pump is the EK D5 pump and bay reservoir combo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My pump started making this noise randomly a week or two ago
View: https://youtu.be/u1CUIL8n7o4

I can confirm that it's coming from the pump.
I tried running the pump alone to bleed the loop for air bubbles for about 45 minutes but that didn't work. Water is flowing and everything seems to be working as usual (besides this noise of course). Temps are slightly higher than usual while idling but nothing meaningful and they're normal under load. The pump is vibrating my entire case slightly.
My loop goes Res/pump>rad1>Cpu/mobo<rad2
My pump is the EK D5 pump and bay reservoir combo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How is your radiator positioned? Are the connection barbs top or bottom if vertical rad? If could be running out of coolant.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
So, it's a D5 and I can see movement in the reservoir, so that is decent so far.

Is coolant moving? What are temps like? Have temps changed? Or is this only about noise?

The tubing looks absolutely horrible - how old is it? When was the system last flushed and re-filled?

I'm wondering if the noise is just vibration noise like a mounting screw came loose or fell out, or something else happened. Can you confirm if all mounting screws are in place?

Dovahkiin673

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
The coolant is moving, and the temps are fine, if (very) slightly higher than usual. The tubing is 2 - 3 years old now, I last flushed the system a couple of months ago. The hum is still there with the mounting screws in. Also, the noise did not reduce when I turned the pump speed down.

TRENDING THREADS