Jan 1, 2022
Hello everyone, this might be a problem you never heard of so let me explain.

I decided to change the Case of my PC with a Lian-li O11.
After I build in all of my components (NO CHANGES WERE MADE BESIDE THE CASE AND FANS) I noticed the red debug CPU light on my motherboard (Asus B450-F Gaming II) System was not posting.

I carefully read the MOBO manual, tried to change SATA ports, and troubleshoot each component. CPU, VGA, RAM, Mobo, etc. but red light still remain. And by troubleshoot I mean buying new ones. I also Updated BIOS.

THEN I decided to remove my M.2 SSD (WD black sn750 1TB) and all of a sudden the system booted normally.
That useless thing worked fine for at least 6 months. I changed case and it decided to make my entire System NOT TO BOOT AT ALL.

I know that the WD sn750 is a Gen 3 NVMe SSD and it is NOT in the QVL list of the mobo devices. I thought maybe compatibility issues?? But it worked fine until I changed the case.
Maybe it just died randomly? I really don't know.

I would like to know what you guys think. And most important if I should buy another one, maybe one listed in the QVL devices ?

PC:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Asus Rog strix B450f Gaming II
GSKILL Trident 2x8@3000mhz
RTX 3060 Ti

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

QVL's are meant to state that XYZ part worked on the board while it was in their lab, if they made a QVL for all parts for the board, then the board wouldn't have seen the light of day. In essence if the device conforms to the slot and you have the lanes for said device, it'll work no problems. You could try and disconnect the system from the wall and display, remove the SSD, remove the CMOS battery and then replace both the SSD and battery after 30 minutes.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? See if removing the fans from the board(If the are ARGB/RGB) changes your experience.

Jan 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

QVL's are meant to state that XYZ part worked on the board while it was in their lab, if they made a QVL for all parts for the board, then the board wouldn't have seen the light of day. In essence if the device conforms to the slot and you have the lanes for said device, it'll work no problems. You could try and disconnect the system from the wall and display, remove the SSD, remove the CMOS battery and then replace both the SSD and battery after 30 minutes.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? See if removing the fans from the board(If the are ARGB/RGB) changes your experience.
Thank you for your welcoming and fast reply 😀

I DID remove the battery and SSD actually and also clearing the CMOS with the 2 dedicated Pins. I also tried to boot on my motherboard box with only cpu, ram, cooler, vga and that damned thing. Also tried other Electricity ports in my home.

Power supply is 3 months old EVGA supernova 750 GT.

Last edited: