[SOLVED] WD blue 3d NAND sata6 won't boot but boots through other SSD

May 9, 2021
I recently purchased a new pc minus the gpu(using my older 1660TI for now). I put everything together pressed the button and my old SSD wouldn't boot it would just blue screen at windows loading or recovery attempt. Although I've sort of fixed that issue now. I'm booting off one of my other storage drives that I installed win10 on with the free upgrade loophole. Now it works just fine. In comes the next issue. The m2 drive I bought with the system is much faster so I wanted to boot with that instead, so I got windows installed on it with a usb install bootdrive. But now when I try to boot from it, it just blue screens and then goes to recovery and blue screens again. When I try to boot from the normal SSD it lets me select the OS that's on the M2 drive and I can boot from there, but I'd like to boot directly from the M2 drive. Something isn't quite right, but I've checked and double checked all bios settings and ran mem test and everything seems fine. I've also downloaded WD's dashboard software and all the drivers are up to date/drive health looks good. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Redo the OS install on the M.2 drive.
With ONLY that one connected.

May 9, 2021
What specific M.2 drive?
What specific motherboard?

When you installed the OS on the M.2 drive, was it the only drive physically connected?
No, I think that's it. the M2 drive doesn't have a system reserved partition.
Just to be thorough; the m2 is WD blue 3D nand 500g sata3 6g M.2 2280 (WDS500G2BOB)
The MB is ASUS tuf gaming z590-plus
It's in the correct m2 port afaik, It wouldn't recognize the drive at all when I had it in the other ones.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan

Solution
May 9, 2021

Thanks. I was struggling with this for a while.

TRENDING THREADS