[SOLVED] WD Elements 25A1 doesn't show up

doulos1382

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
Hi everybody, my problem is this. I connected my external HDD (A 2TB WD elements 25A1), and doesn't show up at all, but here's the thing. Windows recognizes the HDD, it even says on the notification bar to eject it, I checked device manager and it's there, the only thing I couldn't do is to check it out through disk management, it hangs completely. And one last thing; sometimes when I disconnect and connect again there's clicking sound, I read somewhere that's kinda bad. So, I wanna know what can I do with this particular problem, if I can get any help it will be very nice, thanks in advance.

Solution
Windows is probably detecting the USB-SATA bridge PCB rather than the HDD behind the bridge. Remove the drive from the enclosure and attach it directly to a SATA port inside your computer.

doulos1382

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
Windows is probably detecting the USB-SATA bridge PCB rather than the HDD behind the bridge. Remove the drive from the enclosure and attach it directly to a SATA port inside your computer.

Sorry for answering late. I tried using a different USB port and it worked, but my other USB 3.0 ports doesn't work, I will try that and check if it works directly SATA and works better. For the moment I think the problem is the usb ports it seems. I've been testing the HDD and everything is working fine where it's connected as I said. Thx for your recommendation!