Question Website(s?) won't load on pc but do on other devices

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
the website I've tried loading that refuses to load on only my pc is fandom.com and any page that belongs to that domain/main.

google, youtube, facebook, twitter, gmail, all work properly.

I've updated my LAN driver via my motherboard's website, I've put both DNS' IPv4 and 6 to Google's one, I've cleared my google chrome's cache, I've checked if javascript was enabled and I've flushed the ipconfig command.

Please help :(

Edit: I pinged the website on cmd, and it connected with 46ms ping average max and min, and had zero packet loss, might as well verify that yes, I'm on a cabled connection.

Last edited:

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
connect to a modem/router? someone blocking you?
it seems that when I connect to gamepedia... for some stupid but replicable reason, it makes me able to access fandom.com... I've done it 3 times so far, and it has worked every time...

I only have a modem, I've only connected to it via cable on my pc. Well, how do I check if someone is blocking me?

Edit.: to be more specific I access gamepedia.com, again I don't know why, but it's working, I can post screenshots if need be

Terpinator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2017
it seems that when I connect to gamepedia... for some stupid but replicable reason, it makes me able to access fandom.com... I've done it 3 times so far, and it has worked every time...

I only have a modem, I've only connected to it via cable on my pc. Well, how do I check if someone is blocking me?

Edit.: to be more specific I access gamepedia.com, again I don't know why, but it's working, I can post screenshots if need be

That sounds like it could be a DNS issue. By "ip config flush thing", are you referring to ipconfig /flushdns? I suppose there could be a small chance that there is an entry in the HOSTS file although I find it pretty unlikely. If you have access to the router you could login and poke around. (Unless you aren't comfortable and then you could give your ISP a ring if they support the router.

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
That sounds like it could be a DNS issue. By "ip config flush thing", are you referring to ipconfig /flushdns? I suppose there could be a small chance that there is an entry in the HOSTS file although I find it pretty unlikely. If you have access to the router you could login and poke around. (Unless you aren't comfortable and then you could give your ISP a ring if they support the router.
yup that's the cmd I did, how do I access the HOSTS file and the modem via cable?

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Did it, still won't connect to wikia.fandom domain...

To make a quick list of things I've done:

Both Mozilla, Edge, Chrome Portable aren't able to connect too;
I've done the flush and netsh int ip reset commands;
I've Reset Google Chrome;
I've done a malware scan and never meddled with my firewall or gotten 3rd party software related remotely to it;
Mozilla does not report any Network Errors on F12;

So far the only fix (which might I add I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT EVEN WORKS) is connecting to gamepedia.com, then accessing ANY of their wikis, opening a new tab and then going to ANY fandom.wikia and it opens and fixes it for 30ish minutes.

Please, for the love of god, how the heck is this even fixing it and how is this happening only on my PC.

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Nevermind, guess the gamepedia.com fix was still in effect.... wikia.com is back to not being able to access unless I do the gamepedia.com fix.... omfg.... this is so annoying.

E4r0nFx.png

Last edited: