Question Weird computer crash from SSD

Athera

Distinguished
May 13, 2016
Hello! Very confusing crashes I'm getting. To sum it up real fast, it usually crashes with only CERTAIN games on both drives, I keep having the same error occur in the event viewer right before my computer crashes and I'm 90% sure it's my SSD. (Don't know how to add in images here so forgive me ) Out of the 50 computer crashes since the beginning of 2018 it's always been the error: "EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv" Event ID 10. I think that might have something to do with my crashes since it's always popping up, I'm not a professional however. I've also checked several other things that could cause it, like overheating, and that has not been the case. I can barely find this issue anywhere else, would love to know if it can be fixed or if i should just buy a new hard drive. Sorry if there's been any lack of information or mistakes, I don't post anywhere much.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECS:
Graphics card: GTX 1060 6GB
Processor: Intel i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz
Drivers: Crucial CT512 MX100 SSD | WDC WD10EZEX HDD

update the firmware of your SSD
use the crucial tool for this and check the SSD for errors with it as well.
update the chipset driver of your motherboard
eventually replace the SATA data connection cable and try another SATA port of your motherboard. There could be more than one chipset for SATA ports on your motherboard, the Intel one should be preferred. Which motherboard are you using?
A BIOS update can help sometimes as well. (don´t flash in windows, use the menu within the BIOS itself and the downloaded BIOS file on an USB pen drive)

TRENDING THREADS