[SOLVED] Weird fan noise on PC startup

Solution
That is okay. When you fire up a PC, it is on max load initially due to initialization of various programs and services, before it settles down and becomes stable. A good quality cooler usually doesn't let you realize that due to its efficiency, but then again Intel stock coolers are not really known for their quality.
New Pc ( about 3 weeks old). I noticed that whenever I boot up my PC there would be this weird fan noise for up to a minute or something, then it disappears. Was wondering if it's anything serious?
I couldn't decide for sure but I suspect it's coming from my stock Intel CPU cooler.

You can hear the noise in the file below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10NxkIrqcjX0opwfy4DKGksCN1mpza8nW/view?usp=sharing
Sounds like a fan running at full speed. Check speed curve in BIOS or any SW that regulates it.

That is okay. When you fire up a PC, it is on max load initially due to initialization of various programs and services, before it settles down and becomes stable. A good quality cooler usually doesn't let you realize that due to its efficiency, but then again Intel stock coolers are not really known for their quality.

Solution
Hellfires answer is correct ... fans go fast for a few seconds at boot up , the time to worry is when they stay fast.

Whilst on the subject of fans , ......

Dont know how long you have been into pc's but when users think they have a problem they take the side panel off and the next comment they make is ..... my gpu fans are not running , so if this applies to you and you just happen to notice they are not working , keep the side panel off and load up a demanding game , tab out so you can place task manager over the top of the game , open performance and look at gpu temps , most gpu fans are not designed to kick in till about 72 degrees but you may see them run a few seconds if you have side off at boot up

Alaa Ali

Commendable
Feb 29, 2020
Hellfires answer is correct ... fans go fast for a few seconds at boot up , the time to worry is when they stay fast.

Whilst on the subject of fans , ......

Dont know how long you have been into pc's but when users think they have a problem they take the side panel off and the next comment they make is ..... my gpu fans are not running , so if this applies to you and you just happen to notice they are not working , keep the side panel off and load up a demanding game , tab out so you can place task manager over the top of the game , open performance and look at gpu temps , most gpu fans are not designed to kick in till about 72 degrees but you may see them run a few seconds if you have side off at boot up

Thank you for your answer. I can see my GPU fans through the glass wall and I know they shouldn't be running all the time :). My GPU fans start working much before the GPU hits 72 degrees though. They start at about 60 degrees.