NaeNae11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Yesterday while playing witcher 3 for like a few mins i encountered a weird graphical like this http://prntscr.com/mvshrs
I restarted the game n it was fine but it appeared again in a few minutes. Then i used DDU to reinstall the SAME driver and then it stopped
Is this perhaps a sign of a failing monitor or failing gpu(rx 580)?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If it didn't happen after reinstalling the drivers, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Essentially, if it keeps happening, and on multiple software, then it would be likely that your VRAM is dying and you'd want to RMA the GPU if the warranty is still good. An actual dying GPU won't be fixed by driver updates.

NaeNae11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
If it didn't happen after reinstalling the drivers, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Essentially, if it keeps happening, and on multiple software, then it would be likely that your VRAM is dying and you'd want to RMA the GPU if the warranty is still good. An actual dying GPU won't be fixed by driver updates.
yea i really hope its fine, since i got it used and idk if an RMA works. I also tried changing the settings but that made it weirder lol

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
yea i really hope its fine, since i got it used and idk if an RMA works. I also tried changing the settings but that made it weirder lol

This was a very dangerous GPU to get used given its popularity as a mining card. Some companies will allow the warranty to transfer to a new owner (EVGA in particular is very good about this). Most don't, however.

NaeNae11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
This was a very dangerous GPU to get used given its popularity as a mining card. Some companies will allow the warranty to transfer to a new owner (EVGA in particular is very good about this). Most don't, however.
It hasnt been used for mining, 6 months used n cleaned 6 months left unused in the box