Question Weird Issue with Mobo and Electricity

Jul 7, 2024
Good night,

I am writing this post because I'm having some strange issues with my PC at all. I notice some weird experience during gaming (Valorant or other shooters), like, my mice, the superlight doesn't feel smooth or responsiveness. I tried a lot of fixes (reinstall Windows, tweaks, optimize and many more). But I just notice that when I plug a USB microphone (now I have HyperX SoloCast but previously I owned a Tonor) I feel some electric shocks when I touch the radiator its next to my PC.
Finally the solution for playing the games its to unplug the microphone and Valorant becomes smoothly again. Maybe it can be the MOBO or the PSU?

Thanks for reading!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried a lot of fixes (reinstall Windows, tweaks, optimize and many more).
Might want to elaborate on that so we're not repeating suggestions that didn't work for you.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Jul 7, 2024
Yeah sorry, these are my currently specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU cooler: Noctua NH U12S
Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS B550 elite v2 (rev 1.2)
BIOS: FF (March 2024)
Ram: 16x2 G. SKILL Trident Z Neo 3600MHZ
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 1tb + Samsung 970 250 gb
GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 ti
PSU: Corsair RM750x (2021)
Chassis: Gigabyte C200 Glass
Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2540K 240hz

Good night,

....But I just notice that when I plug a USB microphone (now I have HyperX SoloCast but previously I owned a Tonor) I feel some electric shocks when I touch the radiator its next to my PC.
Check grounding at the electrical outlet the PC and components are using.

It should be obvious but: only use 3-wire cords and outlet strips to connect the components to the outlet. And do not cut off the ground prongs on any of the cords to fit into a two-prong outlet.

If you have only two-wire outlets then connect a separate wire to the metal case of the PC that runs to a copper water pipe and clamp it on there, if the radiator is hot water heat for the room it might work for the water pipe. If the funny electric shock goes away then consider having an electrician install a grounded outlet for the PC. I don't know if it will also fix the problems with the USB microphone but it might since being ungrounded can cause many strange problems in systems.

Last edited:
I notice some weird experience during gaming (Valorant or other shooters), like, my mice, the superlight doesn't feel smooth or responsiveness.
Sounds like a driver or usb related issue. Have you tried to move the mic to another usb port - preferable one that is not closest to the one you use now ?

Does this affects every game, or is it only specific game titles that is affected ?

TRENDING THREADS