May 28, 2023
Faced a very strange problem with a PC after buying a new video card, I ask experienced in this area to help.

My PC worked stably without any problems until I got a new graphics card. Problems with it did not start immediately, but only after about 10 days, however, I admit that I may simply have not noticed this, since the problem is very special.

My build:
MoBo: MSI MAG B660M BAZOOKA DDR4
CPU: i5 12400F
GPU: Gigabyte RX 470 (PCI-E 3.0 x16)
PSU: chieftec iarena gpa-700s (700w)

Other components are not so important and I'm sure of them.
In this configuration, the computer works properly. With the new Gigabyte RX6600 eagle video card, the system basically does not start. There are "EZ debug" LEDs on the motherboard and they hang during the initialization of the video card (the white LED is on).
BUT:
0. Sometimes after turning off the PC, then you can simply turn it on without problems, the main thing is that after turning it off, a few minutes also pass.

1) If I turn off the power from the computer for 2-5 minutes, it will usually start up after that.

2) Sometimes this does not help, but it helps to take the video card out of the PC for a while and put it back in.

3) If I put a video card in PCI-E 3.0 x4 slot 2 (the main PCI-E 4.0 x16 slot), then it always works fine without failures.

I sent the video card back to the store, because I thought that the problem was exactly in it, they told me that they did not reveal any malfunctions, but they all sent a new one exactly. With the new one it's the same.

What I have already done:
  • flashed different versions of the BIOS
  • reset BIOS
  • changed the BIOS settings responsible for the PCI-E slots
  • disconnected all other devices from the PC

I can't figure out what the problem could be, I'm going to buy a new power supply to check it out. But some factors indicate that this is not a power supply issue but a motherboard issue, and some even say that it's the CPU since the main PCIe slot is connected directly to the CPU, unlike the second one.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I agree, likely a power issue.

Even though the RX470 and RX6600 consume about the same amount of power, you are probably now capable of more frames per second which means your CPU is working harder and that could make the difference. PSU is likely overheating and why it won't come back on immediately.

May 28, 2023
The overheating option is excluded. Since again, "sometimes" it simply did not help, you just need to pull out the video card for a while.
Until recently, I did not believe that this was a power supply, since everything is fine with the other video card and everything works in the second slot of the motherboard.
But it turned out it really was it.
I bought a new, better power supply and everything went well.