Question Weird purple artifacts on GTAs grass

Sep 11, 2024
I keep getting these purple artifacts on GTA, I ran a lot of demanding games and the artifacts weren't there, I I'm using a pretty cheap HDMI even tho my PC is decent, someone help

this has nothing to do with my specs but here are my specs anyways:
rx 6700xt
i5 12400f
16 gb ram
750w power supply
Well, if you're gonna just dismiss ideas, it makes life more challenging. There are many reasons to ask for the specs, so we can better understand what's happening, for one.

Are all your system drivers up to date? Have you uninstalled the GPU driver with DDU and reinstalled fresh GPU driver?

What bios are you running on the mobo?

Yes, a cheap cable could cause this too! Get a better one and try it out.

Have you any overclock on CPU or GPU?

Which exact power supply? If the PSU is crapping out, or not providing clean power to the GPU this may also be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: beyondlogic
Sep 11, 2024
got picture?

Well, if you're gonna just dismiss ideas, it makes life more challenging. There are many reasons to ask for the specs, so we can better understand what's happening, for one.

Are all your system drivers up to date? Have you uninstalled the GPU driver with DDU and reinstalled fresh GPU driver?

What bios are you running on the mobo?

Yes, a cheap cable could cause this too! Get a better one and try it out.

Have you any overclock on CPU or GPU?

Which exact power supply? If the PSU is crapping out, or not providing clean power to the GPU this may also be an issue.
all drivers are up to date
i have the gpu undervolted, but i tried putting it back to its original voltage and that did not fix it, i can't lie the power supply is garbo but i dont think its whats causing these artifacts cause they appear only on gta, i'm going to try a new hdmi to see if it fixes it

i can't lie the power supply is garbo but i dont think its whats causing these artifacts cause they appear only on gta, i'm going to try a new hdmi to see if it fixes it
Okay. You know you need to change it out. The PSU is the heart of your system. You don't want a bad heart in there right? If the PSU is not delivering the required voltage on each of the rails, then things like this can happen. Also, the PSU if very bad, has the potential to take some components along with it, if it goes.

In terms of the GTA being the only game that presents with this issue, could simply be to the load type it puts on the CPU/GPU and thus your PSU. Did you use DDU?

Swap the cable out. See how that goes.

Which bios are you running on your mobo? ANd which exact mobo is it? You can use CPU-z on the mainboard tab to determine this.

i wouldn't think it would put any more load on the system than maybe running some advanced solitaire games.

even on an older iGPU you could emulate the original Playstation games with some decent performance.
this came out maybe a few years after that, before the Playstation 2 for sure.