Question Weird warning window

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2022
Hi! I was working on downloading some apps and programs. I got this message. What does this mean? And what is the easiest fix? "to install this product, please run setup.exe under the <DVD root> folder”

DSzymborski

Titan
Thank you! I’m downloading to desktop.

No, where from. Let's get full details about what you're doing, from where, how, and why. You've provided next to no information. Nobody can give you diagnostic advice from a mostly unexplained situation; if I call up a mechanic and can tell him nothing more than "car no go" there's not much he's going to be able to do for me.

May 4, 2022
I’ve searched Google for this message “to install…” quoted from above. I can’t seem to find an answer. Normally I’m able to eek things out with Doctor Google, LOL but this query brings up nothing.

May 4, 2022
No, where from. Let's get full details about what you're doing, from where, how, and why. You've provided next to no information. Nobody can give you diagnostic advice from a mostly unexplained situation; if I call up a mechanic and can tell him nothing more than "car no go" there's not much he's going to be able to do for me.

Understood, thank you! Downloading software from AB.com (Allen Bradley / Rockford) automation training software.

popatim

Titan
It means that the installer is looking for the disk in the DVD drive.
And since apps you download don't do that, I assume you're downloading ripped copies of DVD versions of them.

We also don't support piracy in any form so this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.