Jul 12, 2020
Build
So This has been happening for a little while now and while artificially I can repeat this consistantly, it seems to be very inconsistant with gaming. The only game I've had this occur with is ARK, which happens to be the most intensive game I play. Playing other games such as valorant, league, and minecraft result in no issues. Runnings any sort of benchmark results in the same problem.
Tests:
Furmark - crash
OCCT GPU-crash
OCCT mem-crash
OCCT power-crash
Changing my memory speed to 1950mhz allows it to pass the OCCT mem test.
However while doing so according to Task manager under 4GB of VRAM is being utilized.

I have tried a variety of Power limitations -50%, -45%, -40%, -35%, -30%, -25%, -20%, 0, 50%
for a day I was able to get everything under -25% to be stable for a minute in furmark and was able to play ARK.
I have wiped my PC and the issues have remained consistent. I'm open to do any other sort of testing and providing anything if it would be helpful.
My personal guess is while it would appear to be PSU oriented; it's not as when I had it stable, I had also tested while running prime95 on my cpu.

Jul 12, 2020
Try a better PSU.
I should be able to try this in the near future and will update with results.
It's weird to me that even if I drop my the power settings of my GPU to -50% that it would still result in crashing and when I did have it stable for a short period of time, whether or not my CPU was under full or partial load it was stable at only that %

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
How did this start? It doesn't look like it's just missing a little bit of juice.. If it did it would just give you a blue screen. That or freezing is typically what happens when you're dialing in an overclock.
Maybe it's because the motherboard doesn't get what it needs either?

Jul 12, 2020
How did this start? It doesn't look like it's just missing a little bit of juice.. If it did it would just give you a blue screen. That or freezing is typically what happens when you're dialing in an overclock.
Maybe it's because the motherboard doesn't get what it needs either?

Thinking about it fairly recently. Within a week or two. Before this I was having some small stutters while playing but nothing like crashing.
Before I had it working; I was using Radeon's auto tune feature which brought the clocks to 1373 from 1303. As of right now everything is stock

Jul 12, 2020
Thinking about it fairly recently. Within a week or two. Before this I was having some small stutters while playing but nothing like crashing.
Before I had it working; I was using Radeon's auto tune feature which brought the clocks to 1373 from 1303. As of right now everything is stock
Upon close inspect of cables I did find something to note. I'm pretty sure this is not normal:
It appears one of the contacts is missing

Jul 12, 2020
Little bit of an update. I have purchased a new PSU (EVGA 750 GQ) and still are having the issues. It seems if I keep VRAM usage under 4.6 GB or so it does not crash.