Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 14, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm Michael, coming from Greece, and I've been reading those forums for ages but have now decided to register. I love computers and technology in general and study computer science almost everyday. I have learned tons from the community here and I would like to thank you all personally for the wonderful support you have provided over the years, but unfortunately, that's out of my purview, which is why I'm writing it right here. Thank you all for everything. :) It's my pleasure being a part of this awesome community and I will try to spread knowledge wherever I can. ;) Please take care of yourselves; I hope everything in your life is going smoothly. I'll see you around.

Jun 17, 2018
Hello everyone out there. To begin, my name is Marv, a senior high student specializing Computer System Servicing but unfortunately I don't have any ideas about computers and computer systems. My purpose of joining this community is to gain knowledge about computer hardware and software, and any other things I should know. Good day!

peace-boy

Reputable
Jun 20, 2018
Hello, I'm new here, came to ask for help with my first newly built PC, when someone else came to help me anyway but when I told him I made an account here, he said I can ask here if I'm paranoid, though also said I'll get the same answer.
Anyway, yeah, I only just built my first PC and have had quite a few issues, haven't even got it set up properly yet.

My build is here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wJ73yX

Hi, peace-boy and welcome. It would get more reads of your problem if you copy and paste your post above this one and start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum. I suggest this one http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-31.html.

Good luck - your first build is always fhe best.

Jun 22, 2018
Hi, I'm John Russell, I'm quite literally a starving artist. I might be a little quiet, I like to only speak up when I feel that I need to. I have severe social anxiety disorder which keeps me from even leaving my house unless I have to or seeking help for my problems so obviously I don't have a regular job. My only form of income is from my supporters on Patreon who enjoy my artwork but I only get about $100 a month from that so I've learned to live very very meagerly. I tell you these things so that you understand, when I ask for help with a problem it is only after I have tried my hardest to find a solution on my own.

Jun 22, 2018
Know this site for a decade but decide to make an account right now.
I'm Van btw, glad can join this community

Jun 27, 2018
Hello I'm Brad. I love tech. I am also really cheap. So I like older really good tech that now I can afford. My first PC was a Texas Instruments TI81. Then we upgraded it with the cassette recorder. Now I am really interested in water cooling and building my first mining rig.
Little known fact. I was the only white dude on Methodman and Redmans tour bus and smoked with them.

Jun 28, 2018
Hi guys,
I'm Pieter and I've been following you for about 5 years now. Always used your reviews and guides to build my pc's.
I love your forum and site and advice and just everything.
I have a passion for computers and gaming. I am currently working in the USA on a farm until December when I return home to South Africa and start my own carpentry business.
I am also a qualified accountant.
I want to build my dream PC beginning of December when I'm back home.
Please see my wish list and what you think of it?
Dream PC Aries
Link: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3GC88ZG66NZDZ

Jun 29, 2018

I the middle of building my new computer the last one was made 10 years ago I know that is old. Going with a Intel setup this time things sure have changed over the years hope I made the correct choices in this build. I am also new to this forum and wish to say Hi to everyone.

kiltannen

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
I was sure I have been a user in the past - but it seems not...

SO I signed up. This site has been a wonderful resource for many years. Glad to particpate.

A little about me - I have been working in IT for 30 years :gasp: I'm old! I'm currently working in Business Intelligence/ Data Warehousing/ Health Informatix. This means all things SQL and heading in towards Big Data. Pretty excited about what the field holds, and what the future will be.

I've got a personal Workstation that is an HP Z400, Nvidea Quaddro graphics, 24 GB RAM.
Storage is a Synology 8 bay NAS - currently provisioned with 12 TB in a single volume.

Mostly just using my work laptop though - and that is a Lenovo Thinkpad T560

willcovero

Prominent
Jun 30, 2018
Hi!
I'm WILLCOVERO

I have seen that this forum is one of the most interesting as far as technology is concerned and so I have also wanted to participate in the competence of the people who are registered in this forum.
Greetings to everyone!

Jul 1, 2018
Hi. I'm Bastien, VR addict, big Destiny 2 player. I've built several computers by myself, and also ran into countless issues...

Jul 5, 2018
Hi all I'm Josie from England. I have my own built gaming PC but I have to admit I didn't build it myself! I'm here to learn more about computers so when I bump into a problem I can fix it myself.

I am addicted to GTA 5 and I have 5 chickens which are my awesome pets :)

Jul 7, 2018
Hi guys, I'm Khalid, from Malaysia. Been reading the forum somewhere in 2010 when my first PC born :p . Just doing some office job, nothing fancy. Off work, am keen on building PC, some video games

Jul 9, 2018
Hi there !
Im Yann, from France. I'm into electronics design and DIY. Used to hack and scavenge every device that comes in my hands, since childhood.
I often get to TomsHardware forums when I'm searching solutions or info, I want to give a hand too.